Friday 18 January 2013

Calendar in a gift box

Hello..

Today I am going to share a very special project with you all...
Its a gift I made for my  sister's birthday..
I made 1 calendar with gift box & 1 cardini with gift box...
I will share the cardini in my next post...

I forgot to measure the size of the finished items as I was in a hurry to pack it & dispatch it...
I made a Purple, pink & green box for the calendar...
I used a Sizzix embossing folder with ink applied on the debossed side for faux letterpress effect.
The pink matte was also inked up to get a rich & bright pink colour...
The sentiment is a freebie...It was printed & then diecut with spellbinders labels 4...
the pink matte behind the sentiment was also diecut & sponged with memento rose bud ink..
The paper lace was punched with MS Doily punch & the I adhered the dark green satin ribbon on top with Red Double Sided Tape..

The base of the box is green...
I added 1 strip of satin ribbon around the lid & the base of the gift box to give it some added strength & beauty...
I wrapped the calendar in 2 matching paper napkins to prevent any damage during transit & it also serves the decorative purpose...

Now you can tell the reason behind the colour combination of the box...  :)
Purple is one of her fav colours so I made the calendar in this combination...
The base of the calendar is done as the box lid... 
The flowers & leaves were punched, sponged, embossed & then assembled...

Here is the closeup of the flower arrangement...

She loved the calendar & the box...  :)
Stay tuned for the Cardini....

Supplies used :

P.S. : Have you entered in the GIVEAWAY at my Craft Supply Store yet....???



Thanx for visiting

1 comment :

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are much appreciated. Hugs. Nupur...