Sunday 26 June 2016

Blowing Butterflies and Bubble Background

Hello friends...
& welcome to So Suzy Stamps inspiration
I have made today's card using the beautiful Blowing Butterflies & Fluff Your Tutu stamp sets
I also have a pictorial for making the fun background so read till the end...20160625_153108
Who doesn't love to play with bubbles.... I sure do & when it results in such beautiful background then it's even more fun... Here is the step-by-step instructions of how to make it :
20160625_122353

  • You will need a bowl, straw, dish-washing liquid, water, watercolor paper and colors of your choice... I have used yellow & reds for my background.
  • Pour a little dish-washing liquid & water in a bowl, add few drops of colors and mix with the straw ( if using same color family then I like to start with the lightest color ).
  • Now the fun part starts... start blowing bubbles in the bowl with the help of straw.

20160625_123131_001
  • Now take your watercolor paper & touch it to the bubbles & remove... The bubbles with burst leaving behind the beautiful pattern.
  • Repeat this process as many times as you like to build up your background.

20160625_123348
  • Add more colors ( in the above picture I added red color ) & repeat the process of blowing bubbles & touching watercolor paper to the colorful bubbles.

20160625_153206
  • To create my card I stamped the Blowing Butterflies stamp on my background & colored in the butterflies.
  • Then I die cut the  bottom part & adhered it to the card front.

20160625_155236

20160625_153228
  • I used the remaining part of the die cut to embellish the inside of my card... The background was too pretty to throw away :P
  • I also stamped Fluff Your Tutu stamp inside to finish my card.
I would love to see how you use this tutorial to create your own backgrounds....



P.S. : If you want to get your stamps I have a discount code for my blog readers...

 Discount Code : NUPUR10 

Use this code to get 10% off all stamps and ink bites in So Suzy Store
The coupons will be active June 1st - June 30th and can not be combined with any other coupon.
Nupur
Blowing Butterflies
June 2
June 1


3 comments :

  1. Visually stunning card and i loved the bubble technique as well. Sounds so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНО!!!! Спасибо за подробный урок!

    PS не могу подписаться (стать постоянным читаталем) - не работает...

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are much appreciated. Hugs. Nupur...